Frozen ruined my dash tbh.
Got rejected from Slate, the Atlantic, and McSweeney’s all in like the last two days hah hah hah. Bummer!
Every screenwriter wants to be a director; every pop star wants to be an actress; every game wants to be a movie; everybody wants to be somebody else; and nobody wants to be themselves.
is included in the latest article I wrote on Medium: At What Point Does Being a Heterosexual Male Become Objectifying Women?
- Girl: What kind of beer do you like?
- Me: I don't like any beer; I don't drink.
- Girl: What?
- [later, when discussing Internet writing and web content]
- Me: So, in a way, lists are like literature.
- Girl: EWW. NO. Lists are stupid.
- Me: But what about 33 Animals That Are--
- Girl: NO. When you've seen one list of cats who had a bad day, you've seen them all.
I’ve always wanted to write fiction. I got paid for the first chapter of a sci fi serial I wrote on JukePop serials so technically I realized that “dream” but not really. I want to write moderately successful fiction (i.e. a print book or the story line to a video game), both kind of unrealistic goals (but I’ve never had realistic goals). I want to write more fiction but it’s even harder to succeed there than in non-fiction writing, which is a field I also want to succeed in too. Idk. It’s all very taxing. I do plan on finishing that fiction serial at some point. I wanted to write TONS of fiction in 2013 but things didn’t really go the way I thought they would hah hah hah.
So we’ll see. Maybe I’ll do some stuff. Idk. Fiction is very difficult.